Small Business Programs and Tools
A one-stop shop website for business owners looking for information and assistance, the California Business Portal features tools such as:
- Business Navigator - Find custom information for your business
- Business Service Desk – Answers to commonly asked questions to the California Business Portal Service Desk. And if the information for your situation is not in there, submit your question and we’ll get you the answer.
- CalGOLD – Connect to CalGOLD – the Gold Standard for permit assistance
- Quick Start Guides – Quick Start Guides are a few pages in length and contain essential information for starting, growing and expanding specific types of businesses in the State of California
In partnership with the California Small Business Development Center Network, the largest small business technical assistance provider in the state. The program helps California’s small business owners gain access to capital. Through the program, business owners can receive one-on-one confidential free guidance at local SBDCs participating in the program on issues ranging from attaining a loan, securing venture capital, or alternative financing. The GO-Biz Small Business Unit is responsible for administration of the Capital Infusion Program and oversees all aspects, including program management, compliance, and performance progress and outcomes.
CA Made is a new state labeling program designed to encourage consumer product awareness and to promote the purchase of products manufactured in California. The program is administered by the Governor's Office of Business and Economic Development (GO-Biz). CA Made provides the following services to approved products:
- A license to use the CA Made label on products, packaging, and point of sale merchandising.
- Placement of the product and company biography on the CA Made website.
- Information on services from program partners.
- Marketing via GO-Biz's social media sites (e.g. Twitter, Facebook)
Through non-profit Financial Development Corporations (FDCs), the California Small Business Loan Guarantee Program issues loan guarantees and partners with eligible lenders to finance small businesses that experience capital access barriers.